I don’t know about you, but the last two times I finished a major project, I had to take a break from woodworking. This certainly has been the case with the Scott bookcase – when I finished it, I had to get outdoors and work on my yard and whip it into shape. At the same time I participated in some lawn and garden workshops and most recently I went on a fabulous local hydrangea tour.
But, as the summer sets in, the optimum time to add plants to the landscape has passed so I am thinking about my next woodworking project. I had posted earlier that I am working on down loadable plans for one of my most popular projects – my coffered ceiling in my living room, but this has been a slow process and I have basically lost interest in it. One of my goals with this blog is to see if there is a way to make some meaningful money from such a website as this and I think down loadable plans is a worthwhile goal, I just can’t seem to get this project completed.
The photo above shows a wall in my daughter’s bathroom. It is a small bathroom with extremely limited storage space. We have always had an interest in adding a built-in cabinet to the wall shown, and this idea picked up steam when we had some plumbing work completed which required cutting a hole in the wall. My thinking is that there is no use in patching a wall that we want to cut an even larger hole into – a hole which would make room for the built-in.
During the week ahead, I will draw up the plans and maybe even draw the project in SketchUp. I’m not sure about SketchUp plants because I am extremely slow with it, so we’ll see.