All posts filed under: Biscuit Joinery

Making bracket feet – TV Console project

Finally, the feet. This is a step in the project I am looking forward to completing. With this post, the TV Console project made great strides towards taking its final shape. Until now, you sort of had to use your imagination. The SketchUp drawings have been a great tool to communicate what the TV Console will look like, but there is nothing like seeing it in real life. I borrowed my Dad’s bench top drill press; useful for fabricating the feet. When he brought it over, it had an amazing amount of rust on both the table and the lower platform. I ran through some steel wool and several sanding discs before getting down to metal and then applied a coat of wax. After testing it out, I discovered it shakes slightly when at speed. This is partly due to the speed being on the highest setting, but also because it is simply an old drill press. I built a platform so I could clamp the wood to the table. Then the cutting began… Making …

Two frames – TV Console project

When I look at blogs like Daily Blog Tips or ProBlogger, they often comment how important good content is. With this in mind, I have been waiting to add a new blog post with some significant update to this project. While I had hoped to get to the bracket feet, time ran out and they have not yet materialized, but a lot has been going on over the past week. I am still laying the ground work for the elements of this project that make it look like something. When I get the bracket feet and the base molding attached to the case, the TV Console will really start to take shape. Before I can get to that point, I have to build and attach the face frame as well as the base frame. The face frame comes first since it gives me the final outside dimension of the case. To this, I can then add the planned size of the base molding to give me the target dimension of the base frame. I recently …